mcverb@gmail.com

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Symphony From Hell

I’m now going to bed earlier and getting more sleep than I ever have before. 12am to 8am consistently.

Now that I have earplugs.

Before that, there was the symphony from hell: that is, the sound of five chickens, a chicken alarm clock, every dog in the neighbourhood, and a Puff Daddy remix every morning at 6am. I was able to get over Pongo, Perdita, and friends – and the surround sound cockadoodle doos. Diddy, however, I just couldn’t take. Mainly because it wasn’t just him. “I’ll be missin you” would relent after two or three minutes, but immediately following that was “Who Let the Dogs Out,” “Hey Mr. DJ,” and that infernal Six Flags theme song. Don’t get me wrong: I like the geezer with the big ears and the big glasses as much as the next guy, but “dunt dunt dunt dunt dunt da na, dunt dunt dunt dunt dunt da na” can become a little grating on a loop at 6am.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home